Thursday, November 18, 2010

Japan - the Very Best of


A lot of people could not believe that I like this band. Hey, same here! It must be mind control or something… or they’re just plain good. Yeah I know it’s not up in my alley but who cares.

I can still remember the first Japan song I heard over at the sadly-defunct radio station here in Manila – XB 102. It’s Visions of China. It’s not “Wow, what a great song!” but I kind of crept-up slowly in my brain. Then, the next song was Gentlemen Take Polaroids followed by their Smokey Robinson cover – I Second That Emotion. After those songs, I said to myself that this band’s something else. David Sylvian’s voice is unique and easily recognizable, and don’t forget Mick Carn’s haunting bass.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this post as much as I do.



No comments: