Monday, August 25, 2008

Social Distortion - Live at the Roxy


I love Social Distortion, so this record means a lot to me. This is their first record after moving out of Epic Records and into an indie label Time Bomb. This is a blistering set of something old (1945, Another State of Mind), something new (I Was Wrong), something borrowed (Under My Thumb) and something blue (Ring of Fire, sumthin' borrowed too, hehe). This record shows how these guys mature from years of touring and playing just about anywhere.

This was the final recording of Dennis Danell w/ the band before his untimely death due to brain aneurysm. It also featured Chuck Biscuits on drums, a one-time DOA drummer and a long-time Samhain, Danzig drummer.

I'm looking forward to a new SD record, should be out by '09. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Social Distortion - Live at the Roxy

No comments: